Vary per assignment.
Additional Job Information
This is a substitute position.
Standard assignments are 8 hours per day.
In general, schedules for assignments will be as follows:
Elementary School: 7:15 am - 3:15 pm
Middle School: 7:10 am - 3:10 pm
High School: 8:20 am - 4:20 pm
Schedules may vary from the times noted above for certain schools and for weather delays.
Substitute teachers are paid a flat rate of $95.00 per day for a full day assignment.
Substitute teachers are typically required to work a minimum of 8 assignments per month during the school year to remain active employees of FWCS. Substitute teachers are not limited in the number of assignments accepted each week.
The most successful substitute teachers are:
1. Flexible and adaptable to different classroom settings.
2. Passionate about student success.
3. Willing to support the staffing needs of the district and learn new skills.
4. Able to follow instructions and ask for support when needed.
5. Diligent in maintaining communication with the Substitute Office regarding assignments and availability.
1. FWCS substitute teachers are committed to students and their learning.
a. Substitute Teacher acts on the belief that every student can learn and that all students can master challenging curriculum with appropriate differentiation and intervention.
b. Substitute Teacher recognizes individual differences in how students develop and learn and adjusts practices accordingly.
2. FWCS substitute teachers are responsible for establishing and managing student learning in a positive learning environment.
a. Substitute Teacher maintains a classroom climate that promotes openness, mutual respect, support, and inquiry.
b. Substitute Teacher maintains an organized classroom that maximizes engaged student learning time, behaviorally, emotionally, and cognitively.
c. Substitute Teacher maintains respectful, productive partnerships with families in support of student learning and well-being.
d. Substitute Teacher engages students in authentic tasks and offers them significant opportunities to develop knowledge.
3. FWCS substitute teachers exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
a. Substitute Teacher understands and supports the vision, mission, and goals of FWCS, and serves as an ambassador for FWCS.
b. Substitute Teacher views him/herself as a contributor in the educational community.
c. Substitute Teacher contributes to the smooth functioning of the school environment.
4. Perform related duties as assigned by the Administrator to meet the particular needs of the building/unit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is required to have dexterity of hands and fingers. The employee is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. They may be occasionally required to bend at the waist, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the incumbent is seated or walking at will and has limited physical labor.
Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree. Preference given to applicants who hold a valid Indiana teaching license.