1. Participate in the research, planning, development, implementation, evaluation and enhancement of assigned programs and services to meet the needs of identified special education students; monitor, evaluate and adjust activities in response to student needs.
2. Provide a variety of services to assure appropriate delivery of educational services to identified students in assigned disability area; observe and assess students to identify needs and monitor progress.
3. Assist in developing and implementing curriculum standards in assigned disability area; provide activities to enhance faculty and staff understanding of educational practices, instructional material guidelines, curriculum standards and instructional strategies.
4. Collaborate with other departments to coordinate instructional activities to enhance student learning and achievement; provide recommendations concerning methods, plans and strategies for enhancing opportunities for students in assigned disability area.
5. Coordinate special education services, communications and information between teachers, administrators, staff, schools, outside agencies, students and parents.
6. Coordinate, consult with and assist faculty, staff, community program representatives and juvenile justice system as needed in meeting the needs of special education students in assigned disability area.
7. Provide adequate accommodations to meet the educational needs of identified special education students; recommend, transition services, assistive technology and materials for assigned disability area including curriculum for non-diploma track students.
8. Monitor and assess assigned special education services for educational effectiveness; recommend and assist in the development and implementation of standards, policies and procedures to enhance the educational effectiveness of special education services.
9. Monitor and analyze IEPs in assigned disability area; participate in the development and implementation of IEP.
10. Develop, implement and conduct professional learning activities for personnel, teachers and parents concerning assigned special education programs and services; prepare and deliver oral presentations.
11. Support and build staff capacity to conduct functional behavior assessments and develop behavior intervention plans in assigned disability area as needed.
12. Use data sources, and prepare and maintain a variety of records, reports and files related to special education programs, students and assigned activities to assist in programming decisions.
13. Attend and participate in various meetings and conferences; present information concerning assigned special education services and related issues, student needs and activities.
14. Attend case conferences and manifestation determinations in assigned disability area.
15. In collaboration with principals and district staff, assist with meeting the educational needs of identified special education students; participate in a variety of activities to enhance faculty understanding of educational practices, instructional practices and techniques, and emotional development, de-escalation techniques, behavior modification and instructional strategies for special education students.
16. Perform related duties as assigned by the Administrator to meet the particular needs of the building/unit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is required to have dexterity of hands and fingers. The employee is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. They may be occasionally required to bend at the waist, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the employee is seated or walking at will and must be able to push, pull, lift and carry up to 25 pounds.