Administrator - School year schedule. This position may be filled prior to the end of the posting period.
1. Plan, organize and direct assigned educational operations, activities and services at an assigned elementary school including curriculum, and instructional programs, processes and procedures; assist the Principal with directing the day-to- day activities of assigned school site; assist in establishing and maintaining school time lines and priorities; assist in assuring related activities comply with established standards, requirements, laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
2. Coordinate personnel, communications, discipline functions, welfare and guidance services, testing and evaluation, fiscal functions and information to enhance student learning and achievement and assure smooth and efficient school activities; assist in the development and implementation of school programs, services, schedules, goals, objectives, plans, strategies, standards, projects, processes and procedures; respond to emergency situations involving staff, students and others.
3. Assist in providing instructional leadership for the school; assist in assuring proper implementation of District curricular models; coordinate educational functions including practices, instructional material guidelines and requirements, curriculum and instructional strategies; participate in the development and implementation of curriculum standards; monitor instructional activities to assure alignment with curriculum requirements; review, analyze and adjust instructional activities in response to student achievement data.
4. Maintain current knowledge of educational methods, practices and standards related to school operations and related laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures; assist in modifying programs and services to assure compliance with standards and requirements as needed.
5. Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel; interview and select employees and recommend transfers, reassignment, termination and disciplinary actions; coordinate subordinate work assignments and review work to assure compliance with established requirements; supervise and provide professional development activities to assure compliance with District curricular models.
6. Coordinate student discipline functions at assigned school site; oversee and assist with student supervision, expulsions and manifestation determinations; review, analyze and implement student management plans in response to student discipline data; assist faculty and staff with interpreting student discipline data and developing and implementing classroom management strategies.
7. Coordinate communications to maintain a positive school image; develop and implement communication strategies to enhance awareness of school successes among faculty, students, parents, community agencies and the media; collaborate with Public Affairs in communicating school successes; investigate and assure proper and timely resolution of student, staff, administrative, parent, faculty and public conflicts and complaints.
8. Perform related duties as assigned by the Administrator to meet the particular needs of the building/unit. Must demonstrate participation in and contributions to the goals of district cross functional teams.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is required to have dexterity of hands and fingers. The employee is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. They may be occasionally required to bend at the waist, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the incumbent is seated or walking at will and has limited physical labor.