This position may be filled prior to posting close date.
School year administrative position
1. Conduct psychological and educational assessments and evaluations within mandated
timelines; observe and interview students; administer and interpret results of psychological
assessment tests; identify, diagnose and formulate educational, treatment, developmental,
behavioral and remediation plans and strategies for various disabilities and other student
2. Provide evaluation and treatment for psychological and related educational issues and
problems among identified students with special needs; implement and provide
psychological services to facilitate and enhance student learning, adjustment and
performance in educational activities and special education programs.
3. Serve as a member of the district intervention teams as appropriate; collaborate with
faculty, staff and administrators in the formulation, development and implementation of
educational and behavior intervention plans and related services, goals, objectives,
strategies and options.
4. Provide consultation and technical assistance to faculty, administrators and others
concerning assessment information and psychological, behavioral and related educational
issues; provide detailed and technical information concerning related plans, programs,
practices, procedures, techniques and strategies.
5. Write concise and detailed reports concerning psychological evaluations, tests,
observations and diagnoses; prepare and distribute a variety of correspondence related to
assigned caseload and psychological services; establish, maintain and update student
records and files.
6. Assist with coordinating and participate in case conferences following student
evaluations; coordinate psychology services, communications, information and
interventions between students, faculty, administrators, school sites, outside agencies and
7. Make recommendations regarding eligibility and student placement in special education
and various other programs; refer students and families to alternate district supports.
8. Serve as a technical resource for teachers, principals, school staff and parents
concerning classroom adaptations for students; monitor student placement, services and
accommodations to assure needs are being met.
9. Advise school staff, faculty and administrators regarding State and federal special
education requirements related assessment.
10. Must demonstrate participation in and contributions to the goals of district cross functional teams and perform related duties as assigned by the Administrator to meet the particular needs of the building/unit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and
hear. The employee is required to have dexterity of hands and fingers. The employee is
required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. They may be occasionally required to
bend at the waist, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the
incumbent is seated or walking at will and has limited physical labor. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.