Position may be filled prior to posting close date.
1. Plan, organize, control and direct the educational operations, activities, instructional programs and services of assigned district schools; establish and maintain related time lines and priorities; assure schools comply with established district, state and federal guidelines, standards, requirements, laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
2. Provide educational leadership in and oversee the development and implementation of instructional programs, services, activities, goals, objectives, plans, strategies, standards, processes and procedures at assigned school sites; coordinate services to enhance student learning and achievement and assure smooth and efficient school activities.
3. Develop and implement plan for multi-school enactment of the district's core instructional program at assigned schools; monitor, analyze and adjust school programs and services in response to student needs, learning and achievement, and school progress in meeting goals.
4. Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel; interview and select employees and recommend transfers, reassignment, termination and disciplinary actions.
5. Coordinate and direct communications and information among teachers, administrators, staff, outside agencies, students, parents and others; investigate, evaluate and resolve student, administrative and staff issues, conflicts and complaints related to assigned school sites.
6. Provide leadership and technical direction and assistance to principals of assigned school sites; respond to inquiries and provide detailed and technical information concerning educational standards, requirements, issues, practices, techniques, laws, regulations, initiatives, polices and procedures.
7. Monitor and evaluate schools for educational and financial effectiveness and operational efficiency; review school learning plans and progress reports; oversee the development and implementation of programs, services, policies and procedures to enhance the educational and financial effectiveness and operational efficiency of assigned sites.
8. Direct the development and implementation of curricular and co-curricular programs at assigned school sites; direct activities to enhance administrative and faculty understanding of educational practices, instructional material guidelines and requirements, curriculum and instructional strategies at assigned school sites.
9. Plan, organize, control and direct plant operations at assigned school sites; direct activities to assure facilities, building, grounds, furnishings and equipment are properly cleaned, maintained and repaired; direct and control the use and operation of school site facilities.
10. Serve as a member of the Superintendent's cabinet; provide technical information and assistance to the Superintendent regarding educational services, schools, activities, needs, progress and issues; attend and participate in School Board meetings and work sessions.
11. Oversee the development and implementation of professional development and training activities for staff and administrators at assigned schools; recommend employment, assignment, and transfers for principals and assistant principals in assigned area.
12. Develop and prepare the annual preliminary budgets for assigned school site in accordance with the annual plan; analyze and review budgetary and financial data; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations; monitor school site operations to assure budgets meet established requirements.
13. Monitor suspension and expulsion procedures and related appeals for students.
14. Monitor various records, reports and files related to students, attendance, safety, academic achievement, programs, budgets, personnel, financial activity and assigned duties; assure mandated school records and reports are prepared in accordance with established time lines and requirements.
15. Review, analyze and approve School Improvement Plans as appropriate; monitor individual school programs to assure compliance with approved plans and applicable federal, state and local requirements; develop educational specifications for new schools in the area.
16. Coordinate, attend and conduct a variety of meetings; prepare and present materials, reports and information concerning assigned school sites and related programs, services, operations, issues, needs and activities.
17. Administer designated general revenue fund to meet emergency, unexpected and other special funding needs.
18. Must demonstrate participation in and contributions to the goals of district cross functional teams.
19. Perform related duties as assigned by the Administrator to meet the particular needs of the building/unit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is required to have dexterity of hands and fingers. The employee is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. They may be occasionally required to bend at the waist, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the incumbent is seated or walking at will and has limited physical labor.