1. Plan, organize, monitor and direct Curriculum Services operations and activities including the research, development, piloting, implementation and evaluation of written, taught and tested curriculum; establish and maintain related time lines and priorities; assure FWCS curriculum and related educational activities comply with established standards, requirements, laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures; supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
2. Coordinate and direct communications, research, information, training, professional learning activities, the textbook instructional resource adoption process, funding source development and personnel to enhance student learning and achievement and meet FWCS curriculum needs; provide leadership to ensure the development and implementation of FWCS curriculum, programs, plans, projects, standards, services, strategies, goals and objectives.
3. Provide educational leadership in curriculum, assessment and instruction development for the District in grades PreK-12; collaborate with elementary and secondary administrators, department heads and content area leaders in developing the general philosophy and goals of the District curriculum, assessment and instructional plan; confer with faculty, administrators and others concerning curriculum and teacher support needs.
4. Direct and participate in the review, evaluation and recommendation of textbooks, supplemental books and other instructional materials, methods and programs for system-wide adoption; monitor, evaluate and adjust activities in response to the educational effectiveness of curriculum; oversee and participate in the research, development and implementation of programs, services, textbooks and other instructional materials, practices, policies and procedures to enhance student achievement.
5. Plan, organize, monitor and direct operations and activities to enhance faculty and administrative understanding of instructional practices, instructional material guidelines and requirements, curriculum and educational strategies; assess the present curriculum and recommend proposed curriculum changes to the Board, FWCS administrators, faculty, staff and the general public.
6. Coordinate and direct communications, services, activities and information related to curriculum between District faculty, administrators, personnel, school sites, outside agencies, parents and others to meet the learning needs of students; assure proper and timely resolution of related issues and conflicts.
7. Facilitate the coordination and design, development, and implementation of trainings and professional learning activities for FWCS faculty, administrators and instructional staff concerning curriculum, instruction and related principles, theories, standards, guidelines, requirements, practices, strategies, procedures and techniques.
8. Provide consultation, technical expertise and coaching to staff, faculty, administrators and others concerning curriculum, instruction, and related programs and services; respond to inquiries and provide detailed and technical information concerning related standards, requirements, plans, strategies, goals, objectives, principles, priorities, practices, techniques, laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
9. Direct and guide the review, evaluation and recommendation of textbooks, supplemental books and other instructional materials in accordance with established curriculum standards; coordinate the research, analysis, approval and adoption of textbooks and other instructional materials for classroom use.
10. Facilitate the development and implementation of the FWCS Assessment System; manage and assure proper administration, scoring and reporting of assessment exams to determine student needs; oversee and participate in the development of assessment content; direct the modification of curriculum to reflect standards and instructional activities in response to assessment results and student needs, achievement and progress.
11. Provide leadership and guidance and participate in researching, obtaining and maintaining grants and other funding resources; oversee and participate in the preparation of related applications and paperwork; administer grants, donations and the disbursement of related funds and budgets; assure programs and services comply with grant specifications and requirements.
12. Facilitate and participate in the research, assembly, compiling and analysis of a variety of technical data and information related to curriculum; oversee and participate in the development, preparation and distribution of presentation, training and informational materials related to curriculum
13. Maintain current knowledge of educational methods, practices and standards related to curriculum and related laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures; research, analyze and identify best teaching and assessment practices and provide related information to school sites; direct the modification of programs and services to assure compliance with standards and requirements as needed.
14. Provide technical information and assistance to the Chief Academic Officer regarding curriculum and teacher support services and related issues, needs and activities; assist in the formulation and development of related policies, procedures and programs.
15. Establish and maintain partnerships with local educational resources and organizations to facilitate and enhance support for FWCS curriculum and instructional serves and address various educational needs and issues.
16. Must demonstrate participation in and contributions to the goals of district cross functional teams. Perform related duties as assigned by the Administration to meet the particular needs of the building/unit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is required to have dexterity of hands and fingers. The employee is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. They may be occasionally required to bend at the waist, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the incumbent is seated or walking at will and has limited physical labor.